Sunday, October 14, 2007

Reflective thought

I have a confession to make.

(That damning parrot in my head won’t shut up, so I thought it best to confess and thus creatively destruct this thought so I can move on…)

For 13 weeks I have pondered on “What drives the creative process?” and yet not once, have I consciously thought about “Love” being the driver of Creativity.
Now, so obvious, I am embarrassed that I missed it.

We know that the Creative Source is Love, and that in perfect Love there is no fear.

So then is it not true that pure Love is a decision of the will that drives commitment?
Is it not true that Love is that commitment to the process of being transformed by the other?
Is it not true that Love is a semi- permeable membrane of containment where judgment is suspended?
Is it not true that Love is a banner of protection over the true self by protecting the self of the other?
Is is not true that Love is a womb space, a flow space, where creation is incubated until it is ready to emerge with the power to be?
Isn’t it this space, which drives creativity?

In our MBA creative journey, I was not yet consciously aware of the power in Love releasing the community into creative freedom. To certain people, in certain circumstances, where I failed to extend this Love into our SDC community, I am sorry.

4 comments:

Creategist said...

I found this very helpful.... making the container is an art and the attitude is one of love... made me think of comments by Claire the clinical psychologist whom we heard: "I maintain an attitude of 'respectful curiosity' when questioning..." or Carl Rogers talking of practising 'unconditional positive regard' when working with therapy clients

Rudo said...

Thanks for reminding me to be affectionate to the people around me. It makes me remember the teachers who made an impact in my life... and it was those who believed in me. The lesson I learnt is that if I am to facilitate a creative process, I need to show affection to the people I am working with by believing in them.

Unknown said...

What a 'human' post and insightful. I think that when you remove the veneers, that's when you discover what is real. No one I know doesn't respond well to genuineness and feedback offered in the spirit of love for your fellowperson.

Anonymous said...

Indeed! How could we have misssed the most obvious of all the contributing factors? Is is perhaps that we take love for granted, do not respect love for waht it is, or simply because we are not willing to bring love into our "hard core business minds"?
LOVE THE INSIGHT!