Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Creativity the Holy Grail???

Ever try to set up an interview with Archbishop Desmond Tutu?

Not easy. I tried to set up an appointment via his secretary.

The Archbishop was overseas at the time of my call, and unfortunately his secretary could not inform me of the timing of his return. Apparently, you see, the Archbishop organises his schedule according to the direct prompting of the Holy Spirit.

My intention was to interview the Archbishop was for the purposes of a course for my MBA degree on ‘Creativity, Design and Strategy – an inquiry into the so-called ‘right brain’ functions of creativity, empathy and intuition.

Naturally, I became a little concerned about how the Holy Spirit’s timing and my Business school deadline might align. None-the-less, intrigued by circumstances, I decided to wait around for the next few months to see whether the Holy Spirit might direct the Archbishop towards me.

I did all that I possibly could to clear all obstacles from my own life (and diary) - uncertain as to what kind of notice the Holy Spirit might give to the Archbishop to contact me.

I breathed, I meditated, I reflected, I prayed. And bit by bit, I cleared the clutter of my self imposed complexities and allowed a simple timelessness to take over. A quiet flow of creativity breathed through me – and I started to create.

Perhaps the Archbishop and I never met.
But perhaps the Holy Spirit and I did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful... what a lesson in how to attract peace and creativity

Maximillian Kaizen said...

hilarious AND yes, inspired!
what a wonderful post - I think I've discovered a little spark of genius in the Arch's idea.
Thank you so much for sharing this story! (social currency right there)

Super-stretched schedule begone: Spirit guides could suddenly be alarmingly popular for time management.

asmit02 said...

Isn't it extraordinary how a person like that can profoundly influence your life even without you meeting them.

The lesson for me is around authenticity and arranging your life to be true to yourself.

Check JC poem posted today....

Creategist said...

So now - how about contacting the Arch and seeing what he thinks of *this* story?

Anonymous said...

You are the first person who actually got it- Through all the mist and smoke of spirituality and self actualisation in some previous comments, how refreshing to see a part of the truth revealed- Inspired by the Creator Himself. We were made in the image of God. God (The Holy Spirit) is the Creator, the starting point of creativity of which the creation (including us) is a living example. Well done!