Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Where good ideas go to die

On a recent request for presentation ideas, a friend of mine pointed me to a site called Flowgram that assisted in creating awesome presentations.

To my dismay the link was broken, and as a final try, I Googled "Flowgram", hoping that the link only needed correction.

What I discovered was that Flowgram, as brilliant as it was, had been shut down and sent to the eternal cemeteries for dead ideas... It exists! And it is called Deadpool.

When we talk about creativity, in the back of our heads we all want to be Facebook, Paypal, Google. A good idea that changed the way things worked. What we forget is that there are a myriad of (very good) ideas that just didn't work.

Creativity and good ideas have to supported by pragmatism, good implementation, and lastly, a viable and sustainable commercial business model.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on
this blog loading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Also see my webpage: http://asuntoturkista.net/kiinteistot-bodrum/

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.

I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type
on a number of websites for about a year and am anxious about switching
to another platform. I have heard great things about
blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress
posts into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!
Also see my web site :: asuntoturkista.net